Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I N D E P E N D E N T














I N D E P E N D E N T...do ya know what that means mayne? These are the lyrics to a song that is currently Maddie's theme song at this stage in life! She wants to do everything by HERSELF. So, for the most part it is great, until I am in a hurry and need to get her snapped into her carseat, only to have her tell me she wants to "start over" and do it "herself" after I have hurriedly lifted her into her seat and snapped her in. Or, I lift her out of the Tahoe and shut the door, and again have to "start over" and let her do it by HERSELF.

I am reminding myself to be patient and let her do things on her own even when I am in a rush as I do want her to grow up to be an independent woman! I have slowly been giving her more responsibility in things, such as dressing her self in the morning. I organized her play clothes, underwear, socks etc in low drawers so that she can pick them out herself and get herself dressed. I have also been teaching her to set the table, which is now one of her nightly "chores". Here are a few pics of Maddie setting the table, unassisted I might add ;-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations