Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tradition #1-Gingerbread House







My mom and I used to bake a gingerbread house and decorate it every year, well almost every year. We joke because sometimes we would bake it, but not actually get it put together completely. My mom would make everything from scratch. We would spend time searching for the perfect candies to decorate it with, and then momma would mix up fresh gingerbread to make our walls with. It became a tradition that I loved every year. Now, that I am older I realize it it didn't really matter to me if we never actually got it put together, because it was a special activitity that only my mom and I did together. So, last year we started the tradition with Maddie! Thanks to Wilton, and many others they have made decorating a gingerbread house a snap with pre-made walls, candy kits, and more! So, this year Maddie and I chose today to decorate her house. I can't believe how meticulous she was a putting the candies on the perfect spot, and she was sure to share the fun often asking me to do one too! What a fun day we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations