Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thankful!






What a fast and warm month November has been! Maddie has been a busy little monkey with all of her weekly activities! She goes to her babysitter on Monday & Friday's, preschool on Tuesdays, Storytime on Wendesday, and Tumbling on Thursday's. She has learned her little routine and enjoys what each day brings!

One of Maddie's preschool teachers, Miss Bobbie emails us at the end of every week to recap what they did during that week, and also to let us know about upcoming events etc. So, a couple of weeks into November, Maddie and her classmates made a Thanksgiving tree. They traced their hands, and went around at circle time and all announced what they were thankful for. Then, they attached their hand to the tree. Miss Bobbie, send a reminder in her email to check out the tree. So, the following week I dropped Maddie off at school, I asked her to show me the Thanksgiving tree. I am scanning through the hands searching for Maddies. I read through most of them before getting to Maddie's. I would say, 99.9% of them said something like, "I am thankful for my mommy; daddy; brother; sister. I get to Maddie's, and she is thankful for PIGS!
Yes, that is right, my Maddie is thankful for pigs! I laughed out loud. Atleast she was original!

Later on throughout the month, I would randomly ask Maddie what she was thankful for, and it continued to be pigs, without any hesitation.

The last school day before Thanksgiving, Mimi asked me to bring Maddie over before school. We arrived to find a soft pink pig who was "thankful for girls!"

Maddie, you are what I am thankful for. Your sassy, stubborn, creative, loving, and perfect personality adds endless joy to my life! Mommy loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations